Treat yo'self with one of these delicious donuts created using our Banana Bread mix. These drool worthy donuts were masterminded by one of our customers Sophie. Her Instagram account @sophs.plate is well worth checking out, you'll find plenty more healthy baking and wholefood recipes to sink your teeth into.
What you'll need
- 1 x Banana Bread mix (makes 6 x donuts)
- 3 eggs or egg substitute - refer to FAQs for suggested substitutes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 x ripe bananas - the browner, the better
- Donut tin
Almond Maple Glaze
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Chopped almonds
Heat the oven to 160C fan bake.
Prepare the banana bread mixture as per packet instructions.
Pour mixture into greased donut pan, filling each mould 3/4 of the way. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Combine the maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil and heat over a low heat or microwave for 30 seconds. If the glaze looks a little thin add a little more almond butter, if it's too thick try adding a couple of drops of water until you get the desired consistency.
- Once cooked, remove donuts from the tin and place on a cooling rack with baking paper underneath. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon glaze on the donuts and top with chopped almonds.
- Leave in the fridge to set (best stored in the fridge, can also be stored in an airtight container).