The hardest thing about make these little delights is not eating them all before the crowds arrive. Made using our brownie mix, these donuts are light, fluffy and snap-worthy with a decadent glaze. Even the most grown-up of grown-ups with enjoy decorating and devouring these. They're a hole in one. (sorry, we couldn't resist)
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
What you'll need:
Donut baking tray, alternatively these can be baked as cupcakes.
- 1 x Cacao Fudge Brownie mix
- 50ml coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 50ml milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cream or coconut cream
- 80g chocolate of choice
- Optional: freeze dried berries or cacao nibs to decorate
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan bake. In a bowl, whisk together the melted oil, milk and eggs.
- Add in the Hill St Wholefoods Cacao Brownie mix and baking powder, then mix until fully combined.
- Lightly spray the doughnut baking tray with oil and spoon batter into moulds. Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled transfer to a wire rack and let them cool right down before glazing.
- Chocolate glazing: In a small saucepan, add in the chocolate pieces and heat on low for a few mins until chocolate starts to melt. Take off the heat and it will continue to melt.
- Stir in the coconut cream then dip the top of the doughnuts in the glazing and decorate with your choice of toppings.
- Leave on the wire rack to set. Store in an airtight container.