Red Velvet Doughnuts without all the sugar? Um, yes please. We've ditched the sugar and food colouring in favour of a more natural approach, beetroots. We like they're pretty delish and pretty unbeetable (see what we did there), we hope you do too!
Gluten free | dairy free | refined sugar free | vegan friendly
What you'll need
- 1 x Hill St Wholefoods Cacao Fudge Brownie mix
- 100g cooked beetroot
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 80g vegan/ or regular chocolate
- 2 tsp beetroot powder to decorate (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan bake. In a blender add in the beetroot, oil and eggs. Blend until beetroot has broken down completely.
- Pour into a bowl and add in the brownie mix and baking powder, then stir until fully combined.
- Lightly spray the doughnut baking tray with oil and spoon batter into moulds. Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled transfer to a wire rack and let them cool right down before glazing.
- In a small saucepan, add in the chocolate pieces and heat on low for a few mins until chocolate starts to melt. Take off the heat and it will continue to melt.
- Stir in the coconut cream then dip the top of the doughnuts in the glazing and decorate with a sprinkling of beetroot powder.
- Leave on the wire rack to set. Store in an airtight container.