Let’s be honest, life can be a bit of a rocky road and having wholesome treats on hand is essential. Take on the bumps with soft, chewy marshmallow and crunchy nuts lovingly doused in rich chocolate - with a free hand for road rage.
Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
What you'll need:
- 1 Hill St Cacao Fudge Brownie mix
- 100ml coconut oil
- 100g chocolate of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 130g mixes nuts - peanuts, hazelnuts, macadamias etc
Optional: Add dried goji berries for extra texture or try toasting the nuts in the frying pan or oven for 5 mins to bring the flavours out.
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan bake. In a small saucepan, break up the chocolate into smaller pieces and add in the coconut oil. Heat on low until the chocolate has almost fully melted. Take off the heat and leave it to finish melting.
- In a bowl add in the Hill St Brownie mix, melted chocolate, oil and eggs. Mix until fully combined. Add the nuts and marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a lined baking tin. Top with extra nuts and marshmallows and bake for 20mins.
- Optional: for the last 5 mins turn the oven to a grill/bake setting to toast the marshmallows.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 20 mins on the bench and then transfer into the fridge to cool down and firm up for 30 mins. Cut into squares and enjoy.