At Hill St HQ we love all things salted caramel, and these cookies are no exception. If you're like us and have a soft spot for caramel then these are the cookies for you. They're chewy in texture with a sprinkling of choc chips throughout - the best bit? A salted caramel flavour that will keep you coming back for more.
Gluten free | dairy free | refined sugar free | vegan friendly
What you'll need
- 1 x Hill St Wholefoods Chewy Choc Chip Cookie mix
- 1/4 cup date caramel OR 40g salted caramel protein powder
Note: You can buy pre-made date caramel, we love Date Mate. Alternatively you can make your own by combining the following ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add almond milk until you reach a consistency you're happy with, store any leftover caramel in the fridge for future use.
Homemade date caramel
- 16 soft medjool dates, pitted (if using hard dates soak in water for 30 mins and drain beforehand)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Prepare the Choc Chip Cookies as per the packet instructions.
- Before scooping onto the tray add the date caramel OR salted caramel protein powder and mix to combine.
- If using date caramel allow an extra 5-10 minutes bake time (15-20 mins total), if using protein powder bake as per packet instructions (8-10 mins).
- Top with a sprinkle of salt